"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

catchup...

Friday morning 3.21.08:

This morning I did a nice and steady spin in the homestead via my tri-bike on the Kinetic rear wheel risistance trainer. Nothing fancy here just what I call my active level 2 recovery ride for 40 minutes. And my Polar HR monitor decided to finally work correctly today so I have some stat's to report on but I spare you the boring techy graph...

I covered 11.5 miles in that 40 minutes timeframe with an average HR of 106rpm and an average cadence of 89rpm on the pedals. The ride felt good and it was nice to have a gratifying workout after my last two were less than par...

Saturday morning 3.22.08:

After yesterday afternoons heavy spring style snowfall then rain on top of it late in the evening and it returned to snow again this morning I opted for the safe, sure workout routine at the health club this morning by running on my favorite treadmill starting at 7:05am.

The FIRST program wanted me to run a 13 mile LSD run at ~8 minute miles. With the iPod playing I just kept running on the 'mill belt to get this run in the books. I ran on a one degree incline for the whole run duration in 1:43:05 for an average pace of 7:55 per mile and a nice and low HR average in the heat of the health club at 131bpm. I was smooth and constant throughout the run duration.

One thing for sure is I need to retire these Saucony Hurricanes because they no longer provide me with any cushioning because my lower back has been killin me all day now...time to roll in the new Asic Kayano 14's I just purchased today...

On Saturday Kristen & I visited our friends running and tri-shop so I could get some new Asic Kayano 14 running shoes for the marathon in only two weeks time now. By chance they were selling some new 2006 high end tri-suits for $100 so Kristen bought a sweet Ocra Predator 2 suit that originally sold for $380 back then...great deal she got...

Sunday morning 3.23.08:

I headed over to the health club to get in a short swimming workout of 30 various laps in the 20 meter pool. The HC was pretty empty this morning being that it was Easter Sunday. So I completed my 1200 meters in the manner listed below:

10 laps with pull-buoy
5 laps with pull-buoy and hand paddles
5 laps with hand paddles
10 laps freestyle


Felt good to once again get in the pool since a couple weeks have gone by since I last had a swimming workout...

b

No comments: