"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving morning...

Thanks everyone for the very kind notes about our 15 week old puppy Obie the wavy coated Portuguese Water Dog. He had a blast last Wednesday afternoon at his first ever trip to Lake Michigan at the Montrose Harbor dog park on the beachfront. Obie is quite the social butterfly as he gets along with all types of dogs as you could see from the video :-) He really enjoys these adventures...

The PWD breed type size is about 50 to 60lbs when fully grown so a medium size dog he will be :-)

Thursday morning:

K and I headed out to meet up with about 70 running friends on Thanksgiving morning in Long Grove, IL for the annual 10 mile run that has been going on for years hosted by the Alpine Runners. Kristen ran with our friend Bridget and a few others that started at 6:30am! I ran with the main group that started at 7am and it was fantastic to see so many people out there enjoying the beautiful crisp fall morning. The running loop was perfect as that area has some nice hilliness to it which worked out perfect for my Techumseh training :-)

I ran with a friend whom is training for the Arizona marathon in January then running Boston in April. The mileage went by quickly and before we knew it the run was over with. Afterwards people had brought food & drink for a nice gathering post-run.


We ran the 10.1 miles in 1:26:38 for a mile pace in the hills of 8:34 with an average HR of 134bpm...

It was just the kind of training run I needed ;-)

b

2 comments:

Trishie said...

Great run on a lovely morning, and an ego boost Techumseh, I'm sure!

Sonia said...

I've read in your other post about: "Techumseh" but I have no clue what event it is... please enlight me!

Good run, I didn't think your dog would get as big as 50 lbs! That's a pretty good size dog, probably a future running partner!