"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

back to biking for now...

I have purposely chosen not to run since Tecumseh to give my body & mind a much needed break from running after such a long season of racing...so I have decided in the interim to start training once again on my tri-bike via the indoor training since I have not ridden the bike as of 10.04.08 at the 10 Mile outdoor cycling time trial...

Thursday 12/11:

Rode for 30 minutes via the tri-bike on the Kinetic rear-wheel training to help flushout the dead leg (mainly quads) syndrome I was still suffering from at Tecumseh. I covered 6.9 miles in that time frame with an average HR of 95rpm plus average cadence of 90rpm. Average speed was recovery low at 13.9mph with a max speed on a push at 19.2mph...this is just what I needed!

Sunday 12/14:

Another 40 minute recovery ride on the tri-bike via the trainer this time covering 9.5 miles with an average HR of 102bpm and average cadence of 88rpm plus an average speed of 14.2mph. Legs were starting to finally feel better on this day...

b

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Good idea to switch to the bike for a little while. Once you miss running you know it's time to go back!!

I wish I had a bike computer, right now I look at the clock and that's the only information on how long I've been cycling LOL